Hi everyone, our names are Piyumi and Thejasvini and we are your Education Officers for 2015/2016. Our aim is to provide you with resources and events that will directly enhance your education. This term we are introducing a wellbeing component to this role with the aim of ensuring that medicine is an inclusive cohort where every student in the course is well supported throughout their degree.
Initiatives we hope to provide:
- Practise OSCE’s for all pre-clinical years and structured OSCE review sessions
- ‘HES planning for Dummies’ (a compilation of seniors HES experiences to help you choose the right HES for you)
- Community health check-up stalls
- A GP placement database to guide 3rd years
- Skills nights – venepuncture, cannulation, suturing, etc.
- And BRAND NEW events for clinical years!
- Medtor program
- Monthly wellbeing breakfasts (music, yoga and lots of smiles)
- Being the first point of contact so that any student can confidentially scream out their worries or ask about the right textbook to tackle for PBL
- Advocating for you in all aspects of the JMP
We look forward to working with you!
Piyumi and Thejasvini